Evolve Fitness Transformation Contest
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Formulas and correct calculations?

2 posters

Go down

Formulas and correct calculations? Empty Formulas and correct calculations?

Post by KimFrizzell Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:43 pm

Now that I've sorted through and processed all of the information, planning and preparation (thanks to a lot of help from my husband) a concern that I have actually been working with a miscalculation popped into my head this morning (and I apologize for seemingly taking this back to the beginning)! Let's look at the nutrition calculator (and bear with me as I try to word this right). When I had inputted my personal data (145 lbs, 36% bf) I received the result of 1021 calories, 115 protein, 13 carbs and 57 fats. I had questioned the healthfulness of this and was told to bump up the calories to 1200 (yay - kind of). In order to "bump up" the calories on the calculator I had to increase the weight that was inputted to 170 lbs and have been working with those numbers (1197 cal, 135 protein, 15 carbs, 66 fat). So what dawned on me this morning was the fact that I maintained the same body fat percentage in the calculator and changing the body fat percentage, obviously changes the figures. I had attempted to unlock the spreadsheet to figure out the exact formulas being used, but it's password protected (clever) and probably wouldn't have helped me answer my question anyway.

Ultimately, I ended up confusing myself and want to make certain that I am (and have been) on the right track. Did I "bump up" my caloric intake calculation appropriately? Are my numbers going into the carb cycling week accurate (set at the 170 lbs/ 36% bf I get 1306 cal, 114 pro, 131 carb, 36 fat for Low GI/GL)?

Thanks for whatever clarification you can provide (and your patience!).

KimFrizzell

Back to top Go down

Formulas and correct calculations? Empty Re: Formulas and correct calculations?

Post by Admin Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:58 am

Hey Kim, you did the right thing. Really as long as you are adding protein and fat rather than a ton of carbs you will be fine. So really you don't have to enter a "fake weight" in, you can just add 200 calories of fat and protein to whatever numbers come up for your current weight. Does that make sense?

Admin
Admin

https://evolvefitness.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KimFrizzell Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:08 pm

Yes, thank you.

KimFrizzell

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down